Car Buying Tips
Buy or Lease?Print
Trying to decide which direction to go? Consider the following suggestions:Consider buying if:
- You do a lot of driving. Most lease contracts limit the number of miles you can drive to 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000 a year.
- You take pride in vehicle ownership.
- You plan to modify your wheels.
- You like servicing or upgrading your own car.
- You're interested in accruing equity on your vehicle.
- You either don't want to make ongoing car payments, or you want a finite end to them.
- You prefer lower monthly payments and desire flexibility in designing a payment schedule.
- You want to put little or no money down.
- You like to drive a “new” vehicle every two to four years.
- You want the latest technology and safety devices.
- You need a new vehicle in order to make a good impression.
- You're open to a potential credit check.